Isaiah 53:5 nlt says, “But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed.” This verse is talking about the pain that Jesus suffered on the cross. He was pierced (or stuck) with nails, and He was beaten with whips. He did all of this for us so that we could be forgiven of our sins and healed of our sicknesses.
- What are some of the ways our bodies heal themselves?
- When our bodies heal themselves, is that God healing us? (e.g., God is the Creator of our bodies, and He designed them that way.)
- What are some of the other ways God heals people?
- Can you think of any time in the past that God has healed you or someone else? What did He do?
- How is death the ultimate healing for a Christian?